From our church member Jerry Petr…
In December of 2012 Team 2016 interviewed two companies which submitted proposals to serve as construction manager for our building project. Throughout January 2013 Team 2016 will meet with our chosen construction manager and architect to modify our renovation plans based on congregational feedback gathered in 2012.
Team 2016, our architect, and our construction manager will hold a congregational forum on Sunday, February 10 to share information regarding our renovation plans. Team members will discuss potential sources of money that might be included in a funding package. Most importantly, we will seek feedback on the renovation plans and funding package. We look forward to seeing you.
Thank you for your participation in the Reveal of our preliminary building and renovation design. Team 2016 met on Thursday, January 26, 2012 to begin to discuss all the great feedback that has been received to this point. Continued feedback is strongly encouraged and most welcome. It is our pleasure to report that the overwhelming reaction to the preliminary design was extremely positive and many people commented that they found the plan both exciting and inspiring. We want to remind everyone that what the congregation will be voting on at the Winter Congregational Meeting on February 5 is the conceptual preliminary design and footprint. Room configuration, internal and external materials, type of heating and cooling system, roof design, etc. are all items still to be determined. Below you will see a list of the 10 most often mentioned comments, in no particular order, from both Reveal sessions and email feedback received thus far. If you want to see all comments received, without attribution, please click on the link in the right-hand column.
- Dedicated contemplative space.
- Energy efficiency, green issues, and heating and cooling system
- Exterior look of addition, chalice needs a flame, exterior chalice or something similar, on A Street side
- Cost of renovation of existing space
- Convenience of access through main entrance from parking lot
- Roof shape and related cost estimates
- Soundproofing between both sanctuary space and garden level space AND between sanctuary space and bathrooms
- Need for family/gender neutral bathroom
- Flow of coffee service after church
- Need for more parking