P r e s c h o o l :
Combination of the curriculum books: Chalice Children and Celebrating Me and My World. Lessons are specifically focused on concepts of peace and justice which are appropriate for the preschool level. Lessons introduce concepts such as: Peace, Sharing, Fairness, Friendship, Diversity, and Cooperation.
K - 2 n d G r a d e C l a s s :
This class will be using a combination of three curriculum books.
• In Our Hands - A Peace and Social Justice Program: The curriculum involves children in exploring their own knowledge and feelings about the issues of peace and justice. The program helps children to learn about their own feelings and understanding about
conflict and unfairness and to explore constructive ways of both resolving conflict and promoting peace and fairness in their personal relationships. In Our Hands also engages children in exploring peace and fairness in and with their relationship with nature. Finally, it introduces them to several Unitarian Universalists who have made a contribution to peace and fairness in the world.
• Tapestry of Faith: Love Surrounds Us: At the core of our Unitarian Universalist community are our seven Principles. The Principles encompass all the ingredients
of a good and faith-filled life based on equality, freedom, peace, acceptance, truth, care, and love. This program explores all the Principles in the context of Beloved
Community of family/home, school, neighborhood. Participants engage in activities that emphasize the love they feel in community.
• Tapestry of Faith: Love Will Guide Us: In this program, participants learn to seek guidance in life through the lens of our Unitarian Universalist Sources, with an emphasis on love. Together we ask questions such as, "Where did we come from?" "What is our
relationship to the Earth and other creatures?" "How can we respond with love, even in bad situations?" "What happens when you die?" Sessions apply wisdom from our Sources to help participants answer these questions. Participants will learn that asking questions is valued in Unitarian Universalism, even as they begin to shape their
3 r d - 5 t h G r a d e C l a s s :
• In Our Hands - A Peace and Social Justice Program: (See previous description)
• Tapestry of Faith: Love Connects Us: Love Connects Us celebrates important ways Unitarian Universalists live our faith in covenanted community. Moved by love and gathered in spirit, we embrace our responsibility toward one another and the world at large. We encourage one another's search for truth and meaning. We strive to be active in peace-making and other efforts to improve our world.
M i d d l e S c h o o l C l a s s ( 6 t h - 8 t h G r a d e ) :
• In our Hands - A Peace and Social Justice Program: (See previous description)
• Tapestry of Faith: Heeding the Call: Heeding the Call is a social justice curriculum that not only explores linked oppressions in our society, but also encourages participants towards personal growth in values that counteract the marginalization of others.
Workshops on empathy, courage, abundance, joy, and other qualities ask participants to recognize how these standards can be tools for justice. Additionally, the program includes more concrete tools, such as suggestions on how to be a good ally and tips on the language of conflict resolution. True stories of courage, sacrifice and collaboration, role-plays, games, and a program-long justice project will feed youth’s rising
realization that as people of faith we are all called to love justice - not just with our words, but also with our deeds.
H i g h S c h o o l C l a s s ( 9 t h - 1 2 t h G r a d e ) :
Sr. High students will combine curriculum, discussion, activities and guest speakers in their classroom experience to explore aspects of peace and social justice as it ties into our UU principles.