Religious Growth & Learning
Our mission as a welcoming congregation is to inspire a sense of awe, joy and reverence in people of all ages.
Our children and youth begin each Sunday in the sanctuary with their families. After the "Story for All Ages," they gather in Religious Growth & Learning (RGL) classrooms to explore our faith and our world. Please visit our Children & Youth page to find out what the children will be learning this year. Click here to see a schedule of RGL events.
Our Adult Education includes groups that meet regularly and other activities which meet one or more times throughout the year. Open Circles, a Book Discussion group, and the Sunday morning Forums are just a few of the activities that give us opportunity to explore new thoughts and ideas. Specific dates and times are on our Adult Education page, in our newsletter, our calendar and in the Sunday morning Order of Service.
How do we provide religious education?
Our philosophy is to provide a foundation for the lifelong endeavor of identifying that which is valuable and meaningful. We will create opportunities to learn and practice Unitarian Universalist principles and traditions
We will equip our members with the tools needed to live lives which reflect those principles and traditions. Our religious community will carry out this vision by weaving together:
- Education in classroom or group settings
- Ritual and worship
- Intergenerational activities
- Social interactions
- Social action and service
What does this mean for our members?Religious Growth programs will take place on Sunday mornings and at various other times throughout the course of the year. Within a safe and nurturing environment, our volunteers will endeavor to provide opportunities that will:
- Elicit the people's natural curiosity and sense of wonder
- Promote the development of acceptance, compassion and appreciation for each other
- Develop the tools for moral and ethical decision-making
- Foster social awareness and urge social action
- Acquire an understanding of our religious movement and heritage
- Nurture a sense of community among the generations of our congregation
- Encourage personal exploration of one's own values and faith, and provide the means and venue to articulate it
- Celebrate life's meanings and mysteries
- Allow us to have fun together
Please join us.